Monday, May 10, 2010

A Day at Six Flags

On Saturday, May 8, I along with my assistant and his family, took over 50 kids plus chaperons to Six Flags as a celebration of the year. I also took Andrew and Anna with me. Alan did not go because of a Sports Banquet/lock in the night before. It was a cool day and nothing major went wrong.

One of my students did get lost and sent me a text message 3 minutes before our meeting deadline. I sent one of my Moms to rescue her. It is amazing how 15 year olds, especially those who tend to be tough, still get scared when they are lost. Reminds me of the time in Houston when I missed the bus and attempted to walk home and got lost. What was I thinking?

We took two buses, Mac and Dana were on the bus with the 7th grade. Anna grabbed Clara's hand (Mac and Dana's daughter) and got on the 7th grade bus with her. Amazing that she did not ride with me. Korey ( Mac and Dana's Son, which by the way Clara and Korey are twins) and Andrew rode with me on the 8th grade bus. Both kids thought it was so fun to ride the bus.

I could not have asked for a more pleasant trip with Junior High Kids. I will miss my 8th grade girls.......but wait I still get to teach them at the High School next year :)




No comments:

Post a Comment