Sunday, July 20, 2014

Spending quality time with Anna

I have been back and forth to Weatherford several times lately to rehearse with the Oak Ridge Praise Team for Peach Festival.  One of the times that I went, Anna did not do well with me gone.  When I got home late one Friday night, she refused to go to her bed and wanted to crawl in bed with me.  She cried and cried when her Dad took her to bed.  She ended up in my lap crying herself to sleep.  I asked her the next morning why she was so upset?  She said, "I missed you and I just wanted to be with you".  So the following Tuesday, I took her with me.  We had a fun "Girls" time.  We stopped for lunch at La Madeleine and did a little shopping at the Outlet Mall.  I bought the Frozen CD and we listened and sang Frozen the whole way to Weatherford and the whole way back home.  On our way home, we stopped at Chili's for a free kids meal and then made another trip to the outlet mall.  The look on her face was priceless.  She had fun just being with me.  Her love language is definitely quality time..........and gifts is her secondary.  We found a Twinkie decorated into a minion.  She ate that on the last part of our trip home.  This is a memory that I will hold as precious.  Now I need to plan a Mother/Son date with Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment