Friday, January 1, 2010

Our Christmas

We had our family Christmas on December 19 since we were going to my parents for Christmas. We begin by reading our Advent lesson and continue a tradition of reading "The Christmas Story," before opening presents. My Dad read the Christmas story every year I was living at home and Alan and I have kept that tradition going since our very first Christmas 12 years ago.

On Sunday night Andrew was in the Christmas play at church. He played the "Night." He did a great job yelling and leaping across the stage the word "NIGHT," every turn he had. Many people came up to Andrew and told him he was their favorite after it was over. Of course when he was done he ran up to me and buried his head in my lap crying. He said he messed up and came in too early. I told him no one noticed and they didn't notice. One sweet lady told him that the grown ups in the play, playing the Shepherds messed up and didn't know when to stand, sit or walk and that she did not notice him making a mistake. Poor kid, he is just like someone else I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment