Saturday, November 6, 2010

One Crazy Fall

This fall has been one of the hardest.  It started out where I had some reaction to gluten ( later found in raspberry tea that claimed to be gluten free) and was down the entire week before I started back to in service.  From then on, it continued to go down and crazy.  School seemed more stressful, I now have two kids in school with homework and lunches to pack every night.  Grandmama died early September which was hard to deal with.  Then I got drafted into doing the K-2 Christmas play at church.  Which is rehearsed every Wednesday night.  Even though we go to church every Wednesday night, teaching another class after teaching all day was not what I really needed right now.  Both my kids are in it so they begged me to stick it out.  So of course I am.  Then there is the normal things, football games, being a coaches wife, All region auditions for both Junior High and High School and let's add the two Kick off dinners for our choir booster club which was put off too long.

My in-laws came in Thursday for Grandparents day at WCS.  I decided that I had to take Thursday afternoon off and get the house in shape.  Then this morning I slipped out of the house to go to Belk's charity sale that was for my niece's school in Alabama and came home to find that my mother in law had unloaded the dish washer, started a load of laundry, and hung up Andrew's clothes (which was Alan's job to do).  I feel so relieved that for the first time since this summer, my house and my life seem to be caught up.  Just in time for Advent and Christmas and the concerts and the plays etc.

Fall is my favorite time of year but this year, it just has not been my favorite.  I try to remind myself to take time and enjoy the little things like these special times in the pictures below.  The pumpkin patch and of course Andrew and Anna's favorite.......First Baptist fall festival.









No comments:

Post a Comment