Sunday, July 8, 2012

Blessed!

My brother and sister in law introduced my family to Tim Hawkins over a year ago.  Since then we have bought all of his DVD's and watch them when Alan and I need a good laugh.  Last Christmas my brother introduced us to Tim Hawkins newest DVD that had two other comedians on it: Bob Smiley and John Branyan.  My brother and his wife surprised us with tickets to the Tim Hawkins concert with John Branyan.  It was a lot of fun and Alan and I had a great time having a rare date night. 

Our preacher stopped me on the way out of church one day and was so excited to tell me that a couple from our church happened to be good friends with Bob Smiley and he agreed to come to our church to do a concert on May 20.  What I thought was just going to be a great night of laughter turned out to be a surprise for my family.  The concert was turned into a benefit to help us with the medical expenses that I have acquired in the past three months.  God certainly knows what he is doing when he moves us to a place at a certain time.  These past three months would have been unbearable without the love and support of our church family and so many others and also those who remain anonymous to us who have been so generous whether financially, cards, prayers, food, babysitting, daily text, hugs. showing up at the hospital at 6AM just to pray over me, and much more.  We are truly blessed!

  Bob and the family at Oak Ridge Church of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment