Saturday, July 21, 2012

Brownwood and Early Memories


After we left the Lake House, we went to Underwoods and ate lunch.  This was a family favorite (especially the cherry cobbler) growing up.  It is interesting how the smell and the taste instantly takes me back to my childhood.


This is now what was my Dad's two stores, The Spinnin Wheel and The Doughnut Shop.  My kids think is way cool that their Grandad owned a Doughnut Shop.


Our old church: Brady Avenue Church of Christ.

Our house 107 Kings Court Early TX.  It looks really different!

The back of Early School.  I had science in that building.

The Gym

The  Cafeteria, Band and Choir Room and the old elementary school.

The High School that I spent six weeks at before moving to Houston.

Before heading home we stopped here at Allsups and the Kids asked if they could please get some candy.  I told them yes!  They were shocked :-)  I said my Mom use to bring your Uncle Matthew and I here once a week to get a piece of candy after school.

I enjoyed seeing all the old places and seeing how Brownwood and Early had changed.  My kids seem to enjoy my stories and the places that held memories for me.  Alan was just nice and humored me and drove where I told him to drive.  He really could have cared less.

1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten he had a donut shop. I only remember the Spinnin' Wheel.

    The house looks a lot smaller than I remember it. :-)

    So glad you were able to get away for a while!

    ReplyDelete