Saturday, July 21, 2012

Lake Brownwood Trip

Once again we were blessed by a family at Weatherford Christian School.  The Brown Family are co owner with other family members of a very nice lake house at Lake Brownwood.  They offered for us to stay there to get away when we needed it.  We took them up on the offer on and left our cares in Weatherford and headed to Lake Brownwood on July 19.

The house sleeps 23 people "comfortably." We stayed in the master bedroom while the kids headed to the room of bunk beds.  They thought that was the most amazing bed they had ever slept on.  Alan grilled every meal except breakfast which he made for me anyway and we ate every meal out on the deck enjoying the beautiful trees, fresh air and the lake view.

Thursday night we watched Dolphin tale then went and looked at the Sunset.  I, for the first time in months slept so good.  The room had a window unit and the bed had a thick comforter and soft sheets.  It is my favorite way to sleep.....a cold room and lots of covers.  I had been having issues with coughing attacks during the night, both nights I slept through the night.

I woke up Friday morning and Alan made my breakfast of scramble eggs, bacon and fruit and iced tea (of course) and I ate out on the deck while Alan and the kids headed down to the dock and fished.  I was at peace, and very calm and enjoying the beautiful view and even reminisced of the times my family came to Lake Brownwood in our trailer.  I took the moment in and stayed there until it was lunch time.  Alan grilled hot dogs and after lunch, Alan and Andrew went to Walmart to get a few things and to rent another movie for us to watch that evening. Anna and I stayed inside because it was 101 by this point and I took a nap and she watched Cars 2.   Once Alan and Andrew came back we headed down to the dock and the kids went swimming and Alan fished.  I put my feet in the water and laid on the dock and just enjoyed the water.  Alan grilled steaks and I baked potatoes for dinner.  Alan and I decided we wanted to sell and everything and move there...........wouldn't it be nice if it were that easy?  After dinner, fishing and swimming again until about 8:30.  The sunset was absolutely beautiful! It was then time for showers and movie time.  The kids watched their own movie and Alan and I watched the Iron Lady.

We really hated to leave this morning, but I left rejuvenated and energized.  I really needed this trip and Alan did too.  When thanking Mrs. Brown for this weekend, she said when you're ready again tell me and I will put you on the calendar.  We will have to do this again.  It is only hour and forty minutes from our house.


No comments:

Post a Comment